NYGeog

Geography, GIS, Geospatial, NYC, etc.

Friday, March 6, 2009

Ninja Love; Levon Helm Band tonight at Beacon & GL blogger passed away

You've heard of Brooklyn's Ninjasonik, now here about San Diego's own Ninja Love. I saw them at the Ruby Room in San Diego on my trip last week. Part Rage Against the Machine, Pink Floyd and old school Green Day these two guys, drummer/keys & guitarist, make a great sound prophetizing about the life of ninjas. Read about them more here from the San Diego Reader.

I'm heading off to see Levon Helm Band (drummer from The Band) show at the revitalized Beacon Theatre tonight! I saw him last year and it was my favorite show of all of 2008.

In sad news, the Gowanus Lounge blogger, Robert Guskind, was found dead. Free Williamsburg covers it here.
Robert Guskind, deceased Gowanus Lounge blogger