NYGeog

Geography, GIS, Geospatial, NYC, etc.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

ArcGIS on my MacBook, water bottle use down & ESRI User Conference 2009

And here it is, ArcGIS on my MacBook (finally). I've been wanting to do this since I got my first mac in 2005 and found that ESRI doesn't support macs. I'm still a little torn up about what to do with the license. I'm using the 60 day trial license for now. The goal now is to have this as my single machine since I used my work's desktop for ArcGIS and my home computer to run open source app's that I couldn't install due to IT restrictions.

It looks like the combination of the recession and environmental concerns have finally caused a drop in water bottle sales. Check out NPR's piece Bottled Water Sales Flatten During Recession.


And just a reminder, the 2009 ESRI User Conference is coming up: GIS—Designing Our Future

Join us July 13–17, 2009, at the San Diego Convention Center in California.

ESRI users across the globe are invited to attend the world's largest gathering of GIS professionals.