NYGeog

Geography, GIS, Geospatial, NYC, etc.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Taking the Subway Again

After my 7.5 month hiatus from Subway commuting I am getting a monthly metrocard. I signed up for my employer's pretax transportation benefit plan and will receive my VISA transportation card to use at the MTA vending machines. Coincidently, monthly fairs went up from $76 to 81 so I'll be paying a few extra bucks. I'll still walk and/or ride my bike to work but will utilize mass transit when stressed for time. Additionally, paying $2 per trip ($4 for round) has hurt my wallet and kept me from doing some social activities in other boroughs (BK esp.) or Uptown (read Canada).

The Green as a Thistle Blogger has finished her year-long adventure in green-living (similar to No Impact Man). I didn't read her blog much but will probably check out some of the backlog as No Impact Man gets more theoretical and less practical in tips for day-to-day green-living.

Been web programming all day - please shoot me.