NYGeog

Geography, GIS, Geospatial, NYC, etc.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Google Chrome - Google's new internet browser & Records and record players


Google released a cartoon strip explaining the release of Chrome, its new internet browser application. Read the official Google blog post here. I just downloaded my latest version of Firefox 3.0.1. and am quite happy with it on my windows machine. Recently, I've had trouble with my mac version and am only running safari on it right now. Undoubtedly, I will be testing Google Chrome when it is released later today.

Will there be any improved service for Google Gears and Google Maps???

Hope everyone had a good Labor Day weekend. The NY times printed an article in the styles section (why not Arts & Leisure?) about the upsurging trend of vinyl sales. It was a great article to read since I did some dumpster diving last week and found a Califone record player (not to be confused with Califone the band). It appears to work fine and only needs a new needle and maybe a record pad. It has a self-contained speaker and has variable speeds. Online these appear to be priced at $120. So this may have been quite a good find.