NYGeog

Geography, GIS, Geospatial, NYC, etc.

Monday, February 18, 2008

Brooklyn Brewery Tour


After several trips to the Brooklyn Brewery I finally went on the factory tour. I was a little disappointed as I expected it to be as exciting as a trip to Stew Leonard's or something like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. The guide explained the history of the brewery. She also said that 2/3 of the beer is actually brewed upstate in Utica, NY.

Got my Levon Helm tickets to for March 8th, 2008 at the Beacon Theatre! My first chance to see a member of The Band in concert.


In other interesting news the company I work for, Earth Tech, Inc., has been purchased by AECOM .

Not sure how things will pan out but most of us are optimistic since our last owner, Tyco was not really in the engineering business. We went for a cool $510 Million.