NYGeog

Geography, GIS, Geospatial, NYC, etc.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Google Earth 4.3 Reviewed & some more Reviews of Google App Engine


Here are some screenshots of Google Earth 4.3. There a few differences b/n this version and 4.2 but nothing that will blow your mind. The first image is of some GIS project data exported to kml that was still in my layers menu after the upgrade to 4.3. I rarely use Google Earth so I haven't dusted it off in a while. There's a new nav tool that lets your use your mouse to tilt your axis a bit. And in the image below there's a new Google Street View layer that lets users access Google Street View that is available from Google Maps. I also changed the level of sunlight in the new sunlight tool. Unfortunately, it doesn't interact with the shadows on the aerials (just kidding) and my 3D buildings seem to not be loading properly.

Nial Kennedy's Blog has a great article reviewing the concepts behind Google App Engine.