NYGeog

Geography, GIS, Geospatial, NYC, etc.

Friday, April 25, 2008

NYC Free Summer Concerts Calendar 2008

In the summer, nothing is better than free live music. Maybe free beer, but that's pretty rare.

After adding several dates/locations of free concerts (as found on Brooklynvegan, FreeConcertsNYC, and other media outlets) in my Google Calendar I realized it'd be pretty cool to post these up on the web. So starting today I'll be hosting my NYC Free Summer Concerts Calendar 2008. I couldn't find a good place to put it on the site so it's residing at the bottom of the page and there is a link to it in the top right corner of the site. Click to go to June because April doesn't have any free concerts.

In the nature of a nerdly geographer, I'll try to incorporate some sort of mapping component. Right now if you click on the event -> more details you can view a map. But I'd like to do a more intuitive sort of thematic map of free concerts coming up.

...and

It appears the Washington State is leading the way in farmer's markets.

Image and quotes from Treehugger.com

"The West Seattle Farmers Market, which last year saw $1.1 million in vendor sales -- a 300 percent increase over the previous year -- is the latest to go year-round."

Ireland is developing to be a 2.0 workforce/society. Read about it here.